Poland University Rectors Visit
From December 9, 2019 through December 11, 2019, the Center for Sustainable Development and Global Competitiveness at Stanford University, in partnership with the US Polish Trade Council welcomed a delegation of university rectors (presidents) from across the Republic of Poland. This group of 10 university rectors, representing the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland (CRASP) was led by Professor Jan Schmidt, Rector of the Warsaw Polytechnic University.
During their time visiting SDGC and the Stanford campus, the delegation met with
- Professor Michael Lepech, Director of the Center for Sustainable Development and Global Competitiveness
- Professor Marc Tessier-Lavigne, President of Stanford University,
- Professor John Hennessey, Former President of Stanford University and current Chairman of Alphabet,
- Professor Persis Drell, Provost of Stanford University,
- Professor Kathryn Moler, Vice-Provost and Dean of Research at Stanford,
- Professor Jennifer Widom, Dean of the Stanford School of Engineering,
- Professor Lloyd Minor, Dean of the Stanford School of Medicine, and
- Dr. Brendan Walsh, Director of Stanford’s Office of International Affairs.
A follow up visit by Professor Lepech was made in February, 2020, to the Warsaw Polytechnic University for a meeting with Rector Schmidt. A full program of the visit by CRASP to Stanford University can be found Here.